AM I READY TO MOVE?
IT'S TIME TO GET MOVING
An efficient, well-managed move not only saves you time and money. It can also make the transition to your new home easier and more pleasant for your family.
THE BEFORE-YOU-MOVE CHECKLIST
1. Hire the movers. Retain a reliable moving company as early as possible. Be clear about your needs and expectations, and make sure you understand the company's policies.
2. Take a room by-room inventory of your home. This list will help you when it's time to pack.
3. Organize your belongings. Clean and sort your possessions and set aside unwanted items for a garage sale, your favorite charity or the garbage pickup.
4. Arrange for the shut-off or transfer of your phone and other utilities.
5. Contact your bank and transfer the contents of your safe deposit box to a bank closer to your new home.
6. Complete the change-of-address kit at your post office.